Aug 11, 2008

Pissed Off

Maybe that should be Pissed On. You see, Izzy peed in my bed yesterday. I guess a dog peeing someplace they shouldn't isn't completely out of the ordinary. But my dog is 2 1/2 and completely housebroken and papertrained. She is also crated when I'm not at home because a bored bulldog is a destructive bulldog. However, when I'm going to be gone for a long period of time and can't find anyone to watch her, I gate her in my bedroom. She has lots of room to hang out plus plenty of food and water and puppy pads for when nature calls.

This past weekend, I went to the Virgin Festival. I found out late in the week that I was definately going Saturday. And then even later that I could go Sunday after I got off work. Saturday passed without incident. She slept all day and used her puppy pads and all was well. But Sunday was a different story. She wasn't even alone that long on Sunday. But I guess she had had it with being home alone. I come home to a massive wet spot on the comforter. and the sheets. AND THE MATTRESS. Grrrr.

Yeah, I know. I should have had the protective waterproof mattress pad thingy on the bed. But she's housebroken! I haven't used the waterproof pad since she was a wee pup! *sigh* My mistake. But it didn't stop me from being mighty angry. One frantic call to M later and I was trying all sorts of home remedies on my poor mattress. (I'm too poor to be able to buy a new one.) And today I found a local laundromat so I can clean the comforter. Until then, I have a couple crappy blankets that I'm using.

And Izzy is no longer allowed on the bed. She wasn't too happy about sleeping on the couch last night but maybe she should have thought about that before she let it all out on my side of the bed.

More on Virgin Fest later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why pets are outlawed at my house. lol

Anonymous said...

What an uncrateful bitch. You'd think she would've been grateful that you left her out to roam the room, instead she decides to show you who's boss, or so she thought.

Not exactly the kind of wet spot you can live with.