Aug 28, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Football?

In case you're new here, I'll let you in on a little secret: I love professional football. Football season is my second favorite time of year. (What's first? My birthday of course!!! :)) I'm a lifelong Redskins fan mixed in with a bit of Steelers love due to the fact that my parents are from Pittsburgh...we had some great Steelers Super Bowl parties when I was a kid. I had a brief flirtation with the '85 Chicago Bears (see McMahon, Jim) but pretty much bleed burgundy and gold. Then a now ex boyfriend taught me about fantasy football and an obsession was born.

I am now in 3 fantasy leagues. One for big money, one for small money and one for no money.

Tonite I had my draft for League No Money. I was pretty unprepared for this draft and since my money leagues draft next week, I'll consider this my "practice draft".
In this league we start 1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/RB, 1 K and 1 DEF.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to Team MamaRockerBitch:

QB: Peyton Manning, Brett Favre
RB: Clinton Portis, Reggie Bush, Chris Brown, Justin Fargas
WR: Santonio Holmes, Jerrico Cotchery, Reggie Brown, Amani Toomer, DJ Hackett, Darrell Jackson
TE: Chris Cooley, LJ Smith
K: Shayne Graham
D: Green Bay Packers

(I had the 10th pick of a 10 team draft so I drafted back to back each round. I swear by mid draft I was just picking people and trying not to screw myself during bye weeks. Still not an awful team. It just depends how I can work waivers during the season....)

Spam has made me promise him that we'll play each other in the finals. And no matter who wins, I buy him dinner. I'm not so sure that's fair though. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bleed burgandy and gold. I bleed cardinal and gold. we don't clash. LOL!!!!!