Sep 3, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Football Pt. 3

Finally. The last of my 3 fantasy football drafts. This one was especially challenging because the commissioner of the league decided to mix things up this year. Instead of just going with a team defense, he decided we should go with individual defensive players(IDP). In all my years of fantasy football (and I've been doing this a LOOOONG time), I've never been in a league with IDP. And quite honestly, I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I based my IDP picks solely on a cheat sheet I got from my favorite fantasy site that I use every year, thehuddle.com. So with this league, we field a team consisting of 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR (flex position), 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and instead of 1 team defense, there is 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB, and 2 other DPs. Because of the added positions, this was a 20 round draft instead of a 13 to 15 round draft. And now, I present to you Izzy's Bullies:

QB: Drew Brees, Marc Bulger
WR: Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Brown, Isaac Bruce (side note - I still thought Bruce was with St.Louis. I just found out today that he is now with the 49'ers. I got really rusty in the offseason!)
RB: Joseph Addai, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton
IDP: Jared Allen, Kyle Vander Bosch, Terrell Suggs, Kirk Morrison, Barrett Ruud, Calvin Pace, Bob Sanders, Nate Clements
TE: Chris Cooley
K: John Kasay

The regular season starts tomorrow night! I'm psyched! I just wish it wasn't Redskins/Giants. The Skins are notoriously bad in nationally televised games.

No comments: